Wednesday, September 15, 2010

"To Save a Life"


I’m a little behind on my movies; as I just recently watched the film “To Save a Life,” and I must say it really opened my eyes – AGAIN. How many times do you have a revelation about something, SAY you’re gonna go out and “CHANGE the world,” but then not even two weeks later, completely FORGET about it? Sound like you? No? Then MAYBE it’s just me. Well after watching this movie.. My heart broke (yet again). I wanted to go out and help every single person that hasn’t been touched by another. Every single person that is looked down upon or ignored. Every kid in high school that isn’t thought of as “cool,” that gets made fun of..and even the popular kids. Basically I wanted to help everyone, and I still do!

I really encourage you to watch this movie, so rather than give away any major parts; I’ll just cut to the chase..

There are people out there (and maybe you’re one of them) who are alone - even if they’re in a crowd of people, a big family, a big church, a small group..wherever! – they feel alone. Have you ever just felt like you weren’t loved or no one cared? Or that you weren’t “cool enough”? Well I have. For those of you who haven’t, let me tell you, it’s not fun, and it makes life really difficult. (Sometimes, yes, it’s good to be alone, but that’s not what I’m talking about right now).

Anyhow..what do we do about the people in our schools, our neighborhoods, our churches, our jobs – the ones who really are alone, the ones whom nobody talks too? DO YOU want to save a life? Jesus saved yours. Let’s go out and save others. Save them from what you may ask? From sadness, loneliness, pain, temptation, self-harm, etc..

One little or BIG act of kindness from YOU (and me too) can SAVE A LIFE!!! How ‘bout that?!?! If we say hi to someone in the hall, flash a big smile and show that we GENUINLY CARE – it could literally save someone’s life. If we invite them to eat lunch with us, it could SAVE THEIR LIFE. What do you think? Think it’s not a big deal?? Well, it is.

It’s a really big deal.

So, whatdoyousay? What are some things you can do TO SAVE A LIFE? Please, don’t take this lightly. It may have been lightly written. But know, my heart is broken; I wish I could save the world on my own, and make up for everyone’s lackadaisicalness. Jesus saved the world. Now it’s our turn to save everyone in it. Let people see the God inside of you. Be the light you were born to be.

If you have any stories or suggestions, PLEASE SHARE! :) We’re all in this together ((That HighSchoolMusical song plays in my head EVERYTIME I say that!)) Share by commenting below or on our FACEBOOK: Colorme31 or email us at colorme31@gmail.com.

Xx

Kirsten

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! We must never lose sight of love for our neighbor. A good deed can be a stronger evangelistic witness than a thousand words.... Ray Comfort

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirsten...it's awesome!!...and true. :) Take a chance to do something rather than nothing at all...keep it comin'!

    ReplyDelete